One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)
Monday, July 2, 2012
With Humble Hearts, Thank You
Two of VTXA's beloved staff members, Jason and Caysie, will not be in Blacksburg this fall. They will be in Tulsa, Oklahoma instead!
Jason and Caysie,
This may be the end of the chapter, but a new one is coming up for you. I cannot completely summarize your two years here at VT because I've only been here for one year! When I read Jason's post, I was devastated. I always dislike it when leaders in my life, people I look up to, leave me. I won't know exactly how it will feel until Fall 2012 starts. So when I read Michelle's post on the Chi Alpha facebook page, it was clear to me: I have to find a way to Blacksburg for that Saturday. Like Michelle said, "The Bible says to give honor where honor is due." --> And it is due! I found out Stephen was going to Blacksburg that Saturday as well, and I told him about the barbecue and he found a way to be there too.
The small things that you do are just incredible. To start, I've heard about the projector stand and table that Jason provided and it was done in a snap. Something small that I have regretted forgetting was what you did during football games. For homes games, you sacrificed your Saturday to host and take care of those who did not have tickets to the football games. As a first year student, I did not have great luck with the lottery system so I found myself continuously walking to the Chi Alpha house for those Saturdays. You often provided food, such as hotdogs and hamburgers and there was never and short supply of food. Personally, I believe that was major part that contributed to my journey to God. I continued to stay with Chi Alpha and mesh with the community. It was a great positive experience for me, who was not a true Christ follower during those times. A time where, I was very open for experiencing other things, things of the flesh and world. I know you played a big part for our Worship Band. You set an example for me of a servant's heart. I was able to participate during tear down after W&W most of the time. I would often wait for your guidance and sometimes try to learn how it all fits in but I thought I could do that next Fall! I don't know what we'll do but God provides. Caysie is always someone easy to talk to. We would always see each other in the back of the chapel during Word and Worship. I remember that I'd be distracted sometimes because you would bring in food, like Subway because you haven't had dinner yet, at 8pm. I often forget that you were a graduate student but still contributed to Chi Alpha while on staff! Congratulations for graduating! When do you not smile? I see it on you all the time!
During Word and Worship, you both usually did announcements and it was done well. You both also organized rides to Dwelling Place almost every Sunday morning. Because of that, I now know of a great community and church. Your prayer lives are amazing. The only time I could go to prayer meetings 2nd semester was on Tuesday and Jason would often spend a good chunk of time praying for our campus and Chi Alpha, similar to what Bret said on Saturday. I remember the one time, late Spring semester where I was really sick. That was the Sunday where I had to sit during worship because I couldn't get my body to stand without discomfort. The rides became uneven and you both made a return trip for me. During the car ride, your charisma provided encouragement for me and kept my spirit well. Your passions for the outdoors are unique. Unfortunately, I could not experience the camping trip this Spring to see them in person! I'm pretty sure there's more memorable things that you both contributed to us that I can't remember, but it's ok because of God. (Matthew 6:1)
Now, we'll always have a part of the Razorbacks and Cowboys in our hearts! Hopefully, I'll see you two at the World Mission's Summit! I pray for continuous blessings and for a loving community that can surround them in Oklahoma! God Bless your future endeavors!
Trustworthy, Reliable, with Humble Hearts.
"Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed." (Romans 13:7)
- Thank you,
Romico
- Being Spontaneous, with Purpose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment