Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Good From The Unexpected

The Loft Sessions

I'm shocked that it's been growing on me. I first listened to it on Monday nothing really stood out to me. It sounded dull and average, nothing impressive, compared to Bethel's Be Lifted High album and other songs I've been listening to.

On Tuesday, I started to listen to some of the songs individually. I was listening to Closer by Steffany Frizzell and I decided to listen to You Know Me since iTunes said it was popular and it's the same singer. Okay, I thought it was pretty good. Then I listened to Fall Afresh and I also thought it was good. Listened to the other songs; basically, I listened to Bethel all day long. Later that day, I began to appreciate the acoustic style of the songs.

It came out near the end of January, 5 months ago. Why am I just listening to it? Well, I remember Stephen mentioning Bethel's new album in January - February. That's probably the only time I've heard it being mentioned during Spring semester. I haven't heard the term "Loft Sessions" until Saturday night - Sunday. Sunday morning, I visited Stephen's church again and someone recommended that album to me. I am very thankful for that person.

It's great work, some words that I use describe it: Peace, Serene, Soothing, Beautiful, Lovely. =)


Song: You Know Me (feat. Steffany Frizzell)
Album: The Loft Sessions

Artist: Bethel Music

Jeremy Riddle released his album Furious, which already included Fall Afresh in it. It's just in a different key in the Loft Sessions!

Song: Fall Afresh (feat. Jeremy Riddle)
Abum: The Loft Sessions
Artist: Bethel Music

Thank you, and Happy 4th of July!

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Cor 3:17)




- Being Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment