Monday, July 30, 2012

I Cannot Hide My Love

What a wonderful Monday! Woke up at 7 and got up early today. I usually start typing on Sunday and Wednesday, but these Olympics have been taking up a lot of time. Currently typing and watching the Olympics. I know I'll spend a lot of time watching these Olympic Games but I know that God will always be my #1 in my mind and heart.

Jesus and the Olympics?
Last Friday, I felt really anxious about the London Olympics.  I loved watching them in Beijing four years ago, and I have been thinking about these London Olympics more and more ever since. I knew they would take up a lot of my time if I watched, so I wondered if I could still continue an intimate relationship with Jesus. I actually feared that watching the Olympics would take all of my time. I could not watch the Opening Ceremony Friday night because I had some inner-struggles. I kept thinking "Jesus or the Olympics?" I definitely had a hard time going to bed knowing I was missing out on stuff. On Saturday morning, I started watching the Opening Ceremony (it was recorded). I thought the performance was decent. When the Parade of Nations had arrived, I thought about watching the whole thing. When I decided to skip it, something in the back of my mind told me to watch the whole parade. From Greece to Great Britain, 204 nations later, I learned the names of countries new to me, concentrated on the pronunciation of certain countries, and watched the Philippines walk! Then, I realized God just fed my mind with international knowledge, as He has  been doing this summer. As I tweeted a couple days ago, "I love how These Olympics can unify nations of the world, even for a short amount of time!" So, I went from "Jesus or the Olympics" to "Jesus and the Olympics." I look forward to these next few weeks and AUGUST....!!!

Enter The Worship Circle
I revisited that special playlist on Friday night, looking for some inspiration. I listened to "I Cannot Hide My Love" by Enter The Worship Circle. Unfortunately, I could not find a recorded version by the band/artist on YouTube. However, Grooveshark and Spotify have it. For months, it somewhat frustrated me that I couldn't find it on YouTube. I'm liking some of their raw style of their music. It's mostly been that theme this July.

Song: Safe Place
Artist: Enter The Worship Circle
Album: Chair and Microphone, Vol. 3

Lyrics: http://www.lyrics.com/safe-place-lyrics-enter-the-worship-circle.html

I'm not sure if it's a tempo change or time signature change, but I like it for the chorus. 


Song: You Are Mine
Artist: Enter The Worship Circle
Album: Chair and Microphone, Vol. 3

Lyrics:  http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/enter_the_worship_circle/you_are_mine_crd.htm  (Chords)

I think I found a theme song to this blog...maybe. Psalm 27:4

Song: Land of the Living
Artist: Enter The Worship Circle
Album: First Circle

 Lyrics: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Enter_The_Worship_Circle:Land_Of_The_Living

For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to sprout up before all the nations. (Isaiah 61:11)
-Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment