- The keyboard/piano came last week! I've been spending a good amount of time and mind on it.
- My inner-Madden is blooming... I've started playing the game recently
- Batman video game. Thankfully, I haven't been playing that in a while
Another block that I stumbled upon was that I could not think of a main idea to write about. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I wanted to post about a strong idea in my mind. This last week, I've just had many small ideas. None of them really sprouted, so I continued to hesitate.
Last week, I tweeted this: "I wonder if I can find my way to Blacksburg by Saturday morning.. #challengeaccepted". At that time, I really had no idea how that would be possible. Eventually, I found out that I could ride the Megabus and it would cost $55. Not bad, considering that I thought my chances were low to get there anyways. Then, I was fortunate enough to talk to Stephen L. and find out he's going to Blacksburg this same weekend, and I am able to ride with him. So, #challengeaccepted ---> #success.
I watched the Book of Eli a few weeks ago and it became an inspiration to me. I believe it contributed to my spiritual growth that occurred 2 weeks ago. I knew Elijah was a character in the Old Testament but I haven't read about him yet. After this movie, I made a side-note to myself to learn about Elijah. In 2 Kings, Elijah convincingly demonstrates examples of being faithful and obedient.
In 2 Kings 1:10, Elijah believed and had faith in God, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty." When I read that, I was a bit skeptical and I actually thought he a was a bit TOO prideful, bragging about his faith. Then the 2nd half of that verse said, "Then fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty." After I finished reading that, I was stunned. Either I "wow'd" out loud if not, I knew I definitely did that in my mind! This is truly glorifying! I realized that there should not be anything wrong with having too much faith in the Lord, in fact that is what He craves from us! The words in my mind are bold faith. As Christ followers and ambassadors, we must have this bold faith in God to truly continue to glorify Him.
In 2 Kings 1:15, Elijah trusted and obeyed the Lord, "Then the angel of the Lord said to Elijah, 'Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.' So he arose and went down with him to the king." In Exodus, we read about Moses and his journey, and the Lord reveals his strength and grace through Moses. But even Moses hesitated to obey His commands! But here, Elijah does not question Him and he immediately obeys. Trust in the Lord greatly contributed to his obedience. The angel says, "Do not be afraid of him," and Elijah also shows faith there. These 2 passages blew my mind!
My seasonal favored song:
The first song I listened to from his album is Made For More, which is also fantastic! I was surprised at how "catchy" some of his songs are, considering Hip-Hop isn't really my thing (yet?).
Song: Next Move
Album: How The Story Ends
Album: How The Story Ends
Artist: B. Reith
For the past day, I've been obsessed with practicing this song on the piano. Jon Thurlow is great with a piano! I've almost got these chords right...!
Song: Jesus, You're Beautiful
Album: Strong Love
Artist: Jon Thurlow
Oldie:
Another song I've been playing on the piano. But also a favorite from certain persons close to me! Another reason: When I play the chords, sounds great..Ha! I love the bass part also! Great song, I try not to overplay this.
Song: I Will Exalt (feat. Amanda Falk)
Album: Be Lifted High
Album: Be Lifted High
Artist: Bethel Live
"If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty." Then fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. (2 Kings 1:10)
No comments:
Post a Comment