I actually did not know what to expect at the Loudoun Burn. I went with Stephen on Friday night and Saturday night. He asked me on Thursday if I wanted to come. I told him yes but I needed to pray about it. I went to a NoVa HOP (House of Prayer) back in the winter so I was picturing "light worship with intercession in a small conference room". I decided to go because I thought the Lord was going to show me something there.
We arrived and my first thoughts spammed my mind. I don't want to exaggerate but the building was somewhat in the middle of nowhere. I was still thinking "small conference room". When I went inside, greeters welcomed us and found out there was an actual sanctuary there. There was a room for food/coffee also. It reminded me of Tried Stone back in Blacksburg!
We entered the sanctuary, found a place to sit, and talked to some of the people. The first worship team (CrossCurrent) was praying in the front. A good amount of people were already here. The band started playing a song..while everyone was still talking. I was unsure of what to do...people were still talking and the song was a bit rough. When the song ended, the pastor of the church (I think he was the pastor..) came up front and gave opening remarks and we prayed for the next 26 hours.
Those first two hours were worship-filled. The band played songs that I was familiar with, songs that I knew and listened regularly. With all of that, I still found time to sit and talk to the Lord during intercession. The last couple songs took me down memory lane, "Amazing Grace" and "All My Fountains".
"Amazing Grace" is pretty age-old song but it stands as one of my all-time favorite songs. I remember at Fall Retreat when they asked what song was the most recognizable or performed all time (I'm actually not exactly sure what the question was...and our group got it wrong!) and the answer was" Amazing Grace". I remember grace was the first (or one of the first) topics our small group covered back in the Fall. At that time, I didn't know much about how grace related to Christianity, and I thought it was just a prayer you say before you eat food. I didn't know the true definition of grace.
The first verse pretty speaks about what grace means to me.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound" -> It's a beautiful piece of music, in awe of the blend of the soothing harmonies that encompass the powerful melody.
"That saved a wretch like me" -> Before college, I was looking forward to not go to church and leave religion behind, back in Ashburn. To think that God would love and save someone with that intention in their mind....
"I once was lost , but now am found. Was blind, but now I see." I didn't think I was lost. I was blinded by the enemy, putting things of the world in my mind. Now, I see truth.
I like this version because of the end, where they repeat the statement: Praise God. It reminds me that we thank and praise the Lord for what He has done for us and that we give all glory to Him.
Song: Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)
Artist: Chris Tomlin
Album: Passion: God of This City
- The video is a bit quiet, so you might have to increase volume.
"All My Fountains" was one of the songs that was played at Fall Retreat. It was so much fun! I remember the worship team had extra instruments and let a few of the crowd play them (I remember Jordan and Lindsay..I don't who the others were at that time). At that time, I didn't know how the lyrics related to God and I was just singing out loud and having fun. I didn't even know most of the lyrics of this song at first and then the band taught us the chorus of the song (and maybe more?). The people around me were filled with energy and jumping up and down and I didn't think that was weird. I did not know singing songs about God could be so much fun. I thought they were all played slow and boring. This song played a significant role that led to that worship playlist that Stephen created for me. The playlist that replaced the secular songs I would listen to daily. "All My Fountains" was one of the few songs that I remembered from that special weekend.
Song: All My Fountains
Artist: Chris Tomlin
Album: Passion - Here For You
Back to the Loudoun Burn:
Yea, the first worship team was pretty intense. Though, I did describe one of the singers as "crazy, but good crazy" because there were one or two point where he was so energetic that his guitar was off-note a bit. Crazy good because you could tell he was old but the Lord filled him up.
The second worship team was called "Miriam Morgan and band". Their style, compared to CrossCurrent, vastly differed. It was low energy and jazz-like, but that doesn't mean they did a horrible job. I still received from the Lord because the style allowed me to pray to Him. I was impressed with the pianist because she was also the singer. Basically, it confirmed that getting the piano keyboard was a good thing. Then one of the musicians took out a trumpet and started playing. I played one in high school, but I didn't really excel at it. I love listening to the sound of trumpet with a band. I haven't heard one in a while because not a lot of the worship and christian music that I listen to have it. It was good to see a trumpet play for God.
The Lord didn't reveal anything "big or spectacular" to me that night, but I did notice the many different flags on the ceiling and the faces on the walls. Gonna keep praying about international ministry...mhm.
The next day, the Lord told me there was more. So I asked Stephen if he was going to go again so I could tag along.
On Saturday night, we came during the 7-9pm session and the David Bradshaw and Fredericksburg Prayer Furnace worship team was there. Stephen knew them and even played their cd for the car ride there, but I had no clue who these guys were. This was the last session and there were so many people. It took a while for me to find a spot because people were standing and I wanted to pick a spot where I could move around but also, let others have space as well. Some words that describe the night: Intense worship, bold intercession, miraculous healing, holy ghost party... They first sang "My Soul Sings" and added IHOP's version in it, "It's just a little while longer and I'll see you..." and I loved it. After that, I didn't recognize the any of the songs, except part of "Holy Ghost Party", but it was still moving. Everyone started jumping and dancing took part in the room! They used some bible verses in their songs and I remember repeating, "Yes, my God will supply, according to His riches in Jesus Christ" (Philippians 4:19). They also used the melody from a Christmas hymn. During intercession, their background music really kept my mind working. I would sit down but then I'd want to stand up again. It was pretty catchy background music during intercession. The only complaint I had was that I couldn't really hear these prayers but then I remembered that we aren't really the audience; God is the audience. I wish they were on YouTube.. :(
And then they introduced us to David's Tent. 24 Hours, 7 days a week, for 40 days. September 25 to November 6. Full of worship and praying on the "White House Ellipse". Their goal is to get worship teams from all 50 states to come. They're trying to see if they could get this on a webstream and use media to spread this around. As always, they'll need funds. God will provide! I definitely need to pray about this. Is this where He wants me for one of the weekends? I'll find out soon.
Reference: Title of the post is from the song "Explode My Soul" by Jonathan Helser & Melissa Helser.
And I will lead the blind in a way they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16)
-Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment