I was listening to Jon Thurlow's song "I Wanna Be The Good Soil" (found on youtube, but idk the song's actual name) and I sorto blanked out and listened to the spontaneous part. Basically, it says that God will show me that thing in my life that is keeping me or blocking me from Him. When I was listening to that over and over, I thought God revealed to me that thing that is keeping me from Him. So I prayed and asked Him how I could get rid of it. After that, I spent time in the word of God and waited for an answer
Tonight, it seemed that God would not allow me to get rid of this thing from my mind. So now I'm confused, but it's ok because I get to talk and pray to God more. Perhaps He was trying to teach me a lesson? Maybe he wanted to see me willing to give this thing up so I could be closer to Him? I'm sorry but I do have to keep the identity of "this thing" secret because it is somewhat personal.
Brief story on the birth of this topic:
I was listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqzuZyI_gI (A live version of True Love by Phil Wickham) and I loved the ending, where he sings the chorus of "How Great Thou Art". Those endings just captivate my mind so easily. I wanted to hear another song that has that chorus in the end and I knew it was "How Great is Our God". I knew it would be tough to find and I knew this version is in Passion's 2004 album. So, I typed and searched "How Great is Our God passion". The first one that came up is the World Edition 2012 version and I remembered watching that online during the recent Passion Conference.
I know that God is leading me towards International ministry somehow, so I thought I'd listen to it. I wasn't expecting much since there would be parts where they would sing in different languages. Oh boy was I wrong...
When the English stopped, I felt "turned off" for a second. After that second, I really got tuned into the song. It was as if I could understand the languages. Then I remembered, that we one body in Christ (Romans 12:5). Language barriers are obsolete when worshiping God because, though we show and say it in a different way, we still know that we're giving praise and glory to God.
The last scene really touched me. I believe it was sung in Mandarin and then I would assume that the person is in China. It touched me because it reminded me of places where people are persecuted for following Jesus, such as China and places in Africa. When you meet people that live in those areas who say that they follow Jesus, you know that they truly follow Christ because they can die for that. They fully entrust their souls to God (1 Peter 4:19) knowing that if they will glorify God if they suffer (1 Peter 4:16).
The song even got me more pumped up about international ministry and evangelism! Sure, I do have some anxiety, but there's Jesus for that. For I am equipped with a powerful sword - Ephesians 6:17 - that the Lord provides! Hah, the Lord even gave me some tips and confidence this summer!
Colossians 4:5-6...
Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.That'll soon be a favorite verse in the future!
Song: How Great Is Our God (World Edition)
Artist: Chris Tomlin (&World!!)
Album:
The song itself is special, but the video adds an extra level of emotion!
Also, if you visit this webpage - To Jonathan David Helser's Website! - listen to the music player on the webpage. They came out with a new album and it's really great! (Thank you Irene for this suggestion! =])
Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, not be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil. (1 Peter 3:13-17)
- Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment