Well, this question contains many answers. I'm doing alright. Spiritual life well. I think I have a keyboard coming in the next few days, so I'll be playing and learning to play a piano. Bible reading is good, recently read about Jonah. Still unemployed, but I've been passive on that. I miss certain people that I love being around. I'm looking forward to August, even though a few weeks ago, I wouldn't mind living without college. Looking forward to adjusting to changes. Birthday in 2 months. But can't be anxious about the future. (Matt 6:25-34)
Having no work has its benefits. More free time. A few weeks ago, I wouldn't use it to grow towards God. Right now, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm devoting more and more time with God. More free time allows me to think, but unfortunately my mind is prone to wandering and then I can find myself thinking about evil and ungodly thoughts.
One thing I'm working on over the summer is to learn about Love. God is Love. (1 John 4:16) With so many weddings happening (especially in Chi Alpha), I realized that life is coming at me, and if I'm not ready it'll hit me like a bullet. But of course, life wont hit me like a bullet because I will continue to gaze at God and He will be my strength and my shield. (Psalm 28:7) As a result, the term, "marriage" has been in my mind. Some questions that keep coming up: Will I know who she is this year? Have I already met her? What if the "one" is going to be miles away?
One of the most popular descriptions of love can be found in 1 Cor 13. The Greek language have 4 words for love: Eros, Storge, Phileo, and Agape. Then there are 5 "love languages" about expressing love. There's so much to learn. Jesus tells us to love one another (John 13:34). It is important to me that I gain knowledge about this subject if I am going to use it all the time. In the end, there's always more to know to learn from Love because it never ends. (1 Cor 13:8)
The weeks after SICM have been difficult for me because I've been used to so much love around me, receiving love, and giving love. Not that my home is a negative, but the love environment here is different from what I've been around for months. At times, I cannot receive love. *Shoutout to the UVA folks who are giving me some lovin' though! You guys are awesome and these are reasons why transferring has been on my mind.
One of my mentors, Noah, often keeps reminding me, "Are you ready for marriage?" I always end up replying with a no. Even though I agree with what I choose at that time, the thought comes back continuously.
Why am I not ready? Well, I have a lot to learn about Love. Another considerable factor is my age and character. I must keep reminding myself, that God will provide. My ultimate goal has got to be God.
To help me keep my gaze on God, I found a great resource to fill up my time. I was looking Christian books that feature Love as its theme and I found Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Then, I remembered that he glued me to the computer screen when he talked at Passion 2012. He is a character. He gets my attention. I found the church that he speaks at and I discovered this: http://cornerstonesimi.com/special/media_player.html So basically I'll be set up for a while!
So, today is Father's day. In honor of the such a day, I prayed that I would be guided to a song for such an occasion. Though, we should always honor our father (and mothers!). This is a song to the fathers around the world and our own Father, in heaven, who's always watching over us coming to our rescue.
Song: No One Like You
Album: Passion: How Great Is Our God
Artist: David Crowder Band
This version is from the Passion album from '04. It took some extra effort to find it on youtube.
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful, and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)
- Being Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment