I agree with many points in the video. The points that I don't agree with, I just dont understand yet because my brain just started up. I got out of bed and then I started watching this haha. I was surprised I took notes, I usually dont do that. Now, I might interpret some things wrong..
As a new Christian, I do agree with his views of American Christianity. (around 8:40)
Unfortunately, though, it could be wrong for me to judge, but I do know some carnal Christians (21:20), some in VT Chi Alpha. I pains me to agree with that because I want them to desire God like I do and even more.
When I was born-again (Fall 2011), i thought my style of life was changed (28:00) My love for sports diminished. When the NFL season started, I'd be doing my best to watch ALL the games every week. My music tastes changed. After our fall retreat, my preferred style of music was worship music. I asked my small group leader for a playlist and I fell in love with it. In the beginning of Spring 2012, I realized that I needed more and more of Jesus in my life. Mainly because schoolwork was getting tougher, taking up more of my time. I started to include Jesus in my actions and decisions.
*Interesting note: I've heard of (31:35) from somewhere before..
(37:26) --> Great point
(40:55) --> Another great point!
And I here's a video that I watched as I was trying to find Francis Chan resources to further comment to the above video.
Overall, I was surprised at how tuned in I was to the 58 minute video right as I woke up. Many of the statements he mentions were thoughts in that had been in my mind. When I figured out the true meaning of a relationship with Jesus in Fall 2011, I automatically assumed that all Christians had the same relationship. When I met other Christians, it surprised me when some of them did not match that definition in my head. Remember, it's not about whether you know Jesus Christ; it's whether he knows you!
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' (Matt 7:21-23)
- Being Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment