Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm Coming Alive

Finished! I enrolled in a summer class for 6 weeks and today was my last day! Even though it was only one class, it took up a lot of my day because transportation to and from the campus was two hours. Also, it really messed up my morning routines. Last summer, I'd get up early, spend quiet time and my day would basically start at noon. With this class in my schedule, my day would start at around 2PM. Hopefully, my internal clock would synchronize back to summer form soon!

July is almost here! Wow. Last year, July played a key role with my walk with God and who I am today. Last June, I thought I could follow Jesus by myself, without community. By doing that, I neglected some people around me and my faith was getting attacked. At the end of June, I miraculously found a ride to Blacksburg for the goodbye party for Caysie and Jason and that trip reminded me of community and its power. Then, I started going to NOVA Chi Alpha (took small steps though!) and I started seeking God. I wanted to know more about Him and how He works through and with us. Through this, "Quiet Time" was born for me. It was intimate, intentional, and incredible. I entered the school year with this "momentum". Looking back, I just want to thank the Lord for walking with me through that summer. It's been almost one year since that weekend getaway to Blacksburg and I've grown so much in Him. 

Comparison is evil. It's so easy to compare this upcoming July to last July. Even if I don't succeed in satisfying my expectations for this July, I cannot view that as a failure. I have victory in Him and because I believe that I am rooted with Christ, I know that the rest of this summer will be filled with His glory. I'll be starting the Live Dead Journal on July 1st. I also plan on finishing The Glorious Pursuit (I've had it since December 2011 from Anthony. Yikes!) and starting The Circle Maker. My soul has been crying out to Jesus recently, longing for intimacy. I hope to finish the summer strong and look forward to the Fall semester. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Kim Walker's second solo album and it came out January 2013. Right now, I feel life. I feel alive, spiritually. Jesus is alive in me. It's my soul's anthem right now.

Song: Alive (Live)
Artist: Kim Walker-Smith
Album: Still Believe (Live)

Lyrics:



We thank Jesus for leaving His glory in Heaven to be with us, sinners. We thank Him for being the ultimate sacrifice, dying for our past, present, and future sins. Something that I sometimes overlook is the Resurrection. It is significant because Jesus defeated death. He is alive! We don't just give thanks, worship, or glorify to any god; We give thanks, worship, and glorify the living and breathing God! He is like no other.
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. (Psalm 84: 1-2)
-Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment