Thursday, July 4, 2013

Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours

Hello! Happy July! I'm still really excited about this month! It feels great to be back and serious about Jesus. I've been active in worship, prayer, and the Word this week during QT's. It just feels refreshing and renewing. Tomorrow is the 4th of July and I'm excited about NOVA Chi Alpha's 4th of July event. I get to see some faces that I haven't seen in a while. Hopefully, some spontaneous activity occurs! One thing that I want to work on is putting up these blog posts weekly. In the past, I'd usually post blogs on Sunday's and Wednesday's. Right now, I realize that Wednesday's are not convenient for me. I'm also trying to figure out what my daily schedule is going to be. I've been inconsistent in getting up in the morning. Due to that, I'm not sure where to plan daily tasks.

Last summer, I started practicing the keyboard/piano. It's amazing to be taught by the Holy Spirit to learn how to play! Right now, I have two folders filled chord sheets. Most of them are easily found on the Internet, but I must still give thanks to the Lord for providing. This summer, my parents bought me a guitar and I've been practicing that for a while. My fingers having been working tough, enduring song after song pressing down the strings. It's cool to have a keyboard and a guitar around and see their differences and similarities in worship. Also, I created a "Song List" today. I plan to use it to remind me of those songs that I know how to play. Often times, I learn a song but then months later, I forget that I actually know how to play that song. Anyways, I'm excited to see where the Lord takes me with these instruments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hosanna" is one of those songs that I felt was overplayed in the past, whether it was me or a worship team. I wasn't a huge fan of the song until I started playing it and reading and singing the lyrics. After that, the beauty of the song was revealed to me. I love the line, "Break my heart for what breaks Yours". I remember one time when I was walking to class at Virginia Tech. I was thinking about this line and started looking at the people around me as I walked towards them and past them. I thought about the statistic that over 90% of VT undergrad do not know Jesus. It stirred my heart at that moment so I prayed during the rest of the walk to class. Jesus, break my heart for what breaks Yours. Share Your pain with us so that our hearts would cry out for the lost. Let it empower us to love those who reject Jesus, spread the Gospel and pray for those that seek Hope.

Song: Hosanna
Artist: Hillsong Live
Album: All Of The Above

Lyrics:



One basket had very good figs, like first-ripe figs, but the other basket had very bad figs, so bad that they could not be eaten. (Jeremiah 24:2)
Let us be like first-ripe figs. The Lord will plant us and continue to build us up. We will return with a whole heart to fear the Lord. We will be His people and He will be our God.

-Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment