One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)
Monday, June 17, 2013
Come On My Soul
Hey guys, it's been a while. While in the Fall semester, I had the occasional blog post, I couldn't do the same for the Spring semester. It had to take the backseat on my to-do list and after that I kept on losing interest. That lost interest had been rolling over into parts of the summer break too. When I wanted to create a new one, I'd always make excuses to procrastinate. My inner-perfectionist comes out and makes me want to post a big, action packed blog post which made it hard to start one. Tonight, with this first blog post of my summer break, I decided to keep it short. I'm hoping that this small blog post would spark interest, creativity, and ideas to build momentum towards the next post!
Here are just a couple of songs that have been on my mind and heart. Early Spring semester, I kept seeing Rend Collective Experiment on Facebook. I went on Spotify to see what was up with this band. In essays and speeches, attention grabbers are so influential. Here, it took one song to get my attention and hook me in and then the second song sealed the deal. I love this worship team and where their heart is! Check out their channel on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/RendCollective/videos Come On was that first song that caught my eye.
Song: Come On Artist: Rend Collective Experiment Album: Organic Family Hymnal OR Campfire
Lyrics:
Come on my soul
Come on my soul
Let down the walls
And sing my soul
Come on, come on, come on, come on
It's time to look up
I was just exploring different artists on Spotify and I stumbled upon this fantastic cover of the song, "Set a Fire". Song: Set A Fire (feat. Beth Croft) Artist: Momentum Album: Kingdom Come
Lyrics:
Set a fire down in my Soul
That I cant contain that I cant control
I want more of you God, I want more of you God
No Place I'd rather be
No Place I'd rather be
No place I'd rather be
Here in your Love, Here in your love
This summer is going to be intense! It'll be a time of preparation and prayer as God prepares my heart and mind for the upcoming school year.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:23-24)
No comments:
Post a Comment