Sunday, September 2, 2012

When All Along, All I Need Is You

What up! Well, I haven't updated in over a week! I’m still trying to find some time to type these things up, but Sundays will most likely be the day for new posts. I’ll update my poll soon. I have Internet in the apartment now, so it's all good! I plan on finding a new name for the music section on this blog.

First Impressions of 2nd year at VT
I’ve been having an optimistic mindset this week. I can feel a lot of growth this year and light to shine around this campus. Good stuff right? Yup

Fall Blitz
Intense, tiring, important! VTXA’s Fall Blitz started last week Wednesday with snow cones. I did not sign up to volunteer but I showed up during certain hours and shifts. The week of the 19th of August felt longggg and fast!!! I know that doesn’t make sense! By the end of the week, it felt like the 19th happened weeks ago. The days itself felt short because I had a lot of fun as time passed. Each night, from Wednesday to Saturday night, the Chi Alpha house was filled up. Not inside, but outside. I never went to Fall Blitz last year because I moved in on Saturday so this was my first. I did not expect that amount of people to come every night. From Wednesday to Saturday, we had Watermelon Night, S’Mores night, Cookout night, and Something-In-A-Mug. After two of those nights, I felt something that I had not felt in a long time: Exhaustion from a long day’s work.

Classes Already?
Classes were fine Monday to Wednesday. It felt secretly good to be back. Walking to class from my apartment energized me. Though, my schedule is not perfect, it’s do-able. There are a few classes where I’d rather have the class earlier or later. Heading into this semester, I felt uneasy and anxious about majoring in Computer Science. It seemed like it would overwhelm me and I knew I would be in a disadvantage compared to other people. When I went to a CS Seminar class, all the uneasiness went away. The CS Ambassadors in that class encouraged my decision to choose Computer Science. Now, I’m just really excited for the growth of knowledge I’ll gain for the major. One thing that caught me off guard though - in Math 2224 (Multivariable Calculus) I have to draw 3D graphs? X-Y-Z axes? That's just not my thing yet.

IGNITE!
Powerful! Spirit-filled! Energetic! Free!! Those words described that night. Wednesday night is when VTXA meets up for “large group”. It was the first one of the year and the atmosphere of the night was indescribable, like our God! It was a night full of tears, joy, Jesus, community, and unity! Anthony starts a series named, “Taking a Stand” and we’re reading in Daniel. "Don’t let the atmosphere of the location influence you, instead, influence the location!" The War Memorial Chapel filled up real fast!! Even though I sat in the front, I could see some people sitting on the sides. I really do sense a great semester for Jesus.

Bible
I'm currently reading 1 Samuel, Acts, and Luke. Recently, it's been dry for me. I just have to be a bit more patient and focus and pray that I may truly hear the Word of God. But after Acts and Luke, I'll be almost done reading the New Testament! Though, I know I have to focus on God, instead of the idea of completing the NT. Once I start reading Revelation, I know I'll be on a journey haha. I just have to put it all into God's hands!

Switchfoot
I remember listening to the instruments' notes and music because I lowered the volume on my speakers while I was on my bed. It caught my attention, especially towards the end of the song. I searched up the lyrics and I guess I related to it. I know that's vague haha. Though Switchfoot isn't new to me, I certainly need to clear up some of the perception and thoughts that I have about them.

Check out this song..I love the bridge..also check out the other tracks in the album, they're good too!

Song: Sing It Out
Artist: Switchfoot
Album: Hello Hurricane

Lyrics:



On another note, I just listened to TobyMac's newest album, "Eye On It", a couple days ago and I like it so far. Chance to be next week's artist? Possibly.

Letting Go
When I was a freshman in high school, I established friendships with a some upperclassmen. When I saw them walk across the stage to receive their diploma, I felt overjoyed. They were probably 1000x more excited than me though! But when school started again in August/September, I started missing them, especially when I started to remember their roles or walked into a room where they would normally hang out. The same process repeated itself next year, for sophomore - junior year. However, I did not feel it from Junior - Senior and Senior - College because it was me who ended up leaving those people behind. I moved to Virginia during the summer between my junior and senior year. Before I went to VT this semester, I mentioned this to Stephen, wondering how I would react. After being absent for two years, emotions rushed back to me yesterday. Saturday was tough because I tried to find tasks, such as homework, to distract my mind from these feelings but it would not work. 1st year to 2nd year college transition was hard because I experienced fellowship with those who left with Jesus in our lives (Note that Jesus always is with us even if we do not believe him! I couldn't allow myself to feel him around my life back then). For dating & marriage, Jesus must be the cornerstone of the relationship. When Jesus is the cornerstone of a friendship, those bonds will never break. That's just one of many things that I love about Jesus! He binds us, maybe not physically, but spiritually! My mind has been having a tough time letting go of friends. I visited Serena & Ashley's apartment yesterday and pictured the old setup that Katie & Elena had in the living room, walls, kitchen, etc. Because Jesus bound these friendships, I had to go back to Him to help me let go. I prayed and though I didn't feel instant peace, I've been receiving it. That's why instead I say, "Goodbye", I say, "cya later". To conclude, I talked/tweeted to Sonia yesterday and this is what she said, "The old people haven't left. We're just a little farther away."
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ (Ephesians 4:15)
 -Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment