Sunday, September 9, 2012

Still Looking For A Home

Hello. Not much announcements. Though, I'd like my poll to go back up on the blog but I don't have a great poll question in my mind right now.

Classes
I had a bad week of classes, in terms of homework. I just made too many mistakes and didn't check my homework. For my Software Design & Data Structures class, I could barely answer each question with certainty. Even though it was conceptual homework about Java, I do not have enough experience to complete it by myself. The notes on the website did not help and I did not have a textbook yet. The homework frustrated me and once I turned it in at midnight, I still felt frustrated. So what do I do? I go to the library and start doing math homework. When I'm frustrated, I like to block out stuff. So if I'm frustrated and do homework, I am nearly immune to distractions. I finished that math homework with ease.

Still Looking For A Home+Gobblerfest
Recently, I've been entertaining thoughts of finding a different home. In the summer, I had a desire to transfer to the University of Virginia and join their Chi Alpha. I entertained those thoughts for a while but God told me that I belonged at VT. Also in the summer, I wondered about joining a different campus ministry, such as Intervarsity or maybe even Cru. I entertained those thoughts but I didn't pray about it so I lost track of the thoughts. I came into the semester ready to give glory to God through Chi Alpha only. I planned on devoting a lot of my time to Chi Alpha. But in early August, someone had asked me how could I expand the kingdom of God and learn from Him by just being in one organization. I put that thought in the back of my mind because I felt like Chi Alpha was my home. If you read an earlier blog post, you would know that I spent some time with the Cranwell International Center during "Fall Blitz". So immediately, my time was split up between Cranwell and XA. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I go to my first Gobblerfest. I visited a lot of campus ministries' booths and it was great to talk to other believers. Though, we have not individually met, we both knew that same people. I hope that makes sense. Unity is what i'm talkin' about! I had a good time talking to people from IV, Cru, and RUF. Yes, I do plan on visiting another campus ministry during their "large group" and, perhaps, more.

Gobblerfest
I went to my first GobblerFest last Friday! Last year, I was bumming during that event because I didn't really know what it was all about. I visited a good amount of booths for free items. I described it as "going shopping" and I found a lot of people to talk to. I love walking and seeing a familiar face! I loved seeing all these organizations at one place. I truly hope that people get involved (positively!) in some of these clubs and organizations.

Bible
I'm still in 1 Samuel, Acts, and Luke. Reading has been slow for me. I need to ask for more patience. I have not used my highlighters or underlined much in 1 Samuel recently, but I do love the reading about David and how God works through him.

My Jam of the Week
I'm still on Switchfoot. Tobymac's new album is great though, but I'm not feeling it right now.

Not much back-story to tell. I like the lyrics and some parts associate with me right now.

Song: Where I Belong
Artist: Switchfoot
Album: Vice Verses

Lyrics:




God working in David =]
Stay with me; do not be afraid, for he who seeks my life seeks your life. With me you shall be in safekeeping. (1 Samuel 22:23)
-Spontaneous, with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment