Bible!
I recently finished 1 Samuel and now I'm onto 2 Samuel. I'm still on Luke and Acts. Every week I wake up later and later and I just can't get up early enough to read chapters from all 3 books in the morning. However, I still read by faith. Currently, I'm reading the parables in Luke and it brings me joy to apply those parables in real life. For example, Luke 12:2 says,
Nothing is covered up that will not be reavealed, or hidden that will not be known.Last night, I was in a situation where this verse was the solution, remembered reading it, and shared it.
Classes
There's only one that is keeping me from being worried about my grades and tests and that's Jesus. He's just putting people in my life to help me for projects and giving me wisdom as I continue to see Him. My CS programming class has been do-able so far. Next week, I have two tests and two programming assignments due but after Wednesday, I get physical rest and peace. One of those tests is covered on MATLAB but I've had little experience with it because when we work in groups, there's only one person who types the code for the weekly assignments. I'm not a great fan of that system because the other group members are losing out on experience, as far as error debugging and syntax. I have much studying to do.
Small Group
My small group leaders make up a unique team. I describe them as "The Gamer", "My Old Small Group Leader (or The Smart Dude)" , and "The Newly Wed". I spent a lot of time with Jamar and Luigi last year, but not much with Evan. He didn't even know much about me before we met up. Still, I love talking to Evan. God has put so much power in his mind, to think about HIM, and his mouth, to give HIM glory. Small group in general has also been the highlight of my week, meeting up every Monday night. Though quantity may be small, the quality of the night stands out. With very little awkward silences, our members continue to share their thoughts on the Word of God. I ask and pray for spiritual growth as the year goes by as brothers in Christ, never ceasing to stop gazing at the Lord and his Beauty, continuing to seek his Kingdom and Glory forever and ever.
The Jams of the Recent Present
I played song multiple times in September and I wanted to share it, but I never got to post much in September! The words are full of truth and fill me up. I first listened to this song in early September when Dwelling Place played it. It's a very comforting song that speaks about a relationship with God. Ultimately, the more we seek HIM, the more we love HIM! We should give everything to Him and praising Him because He is our worthy LORD!
"I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming"
Song: The More I Seek You
Lyrics:
Bethel's new album came out on Tuesday!!! I'm currently listening to it on Grooveshark and it is amazing! Check it out :)
We give our life to Jesus, surrendering all to Him. Then, we live out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and make disciples of all nations. Jesus died for us, by his blood, for every tribe and language and people and nation (Revelation 5:9). There are times where our hearts are on fire for Jesus and then there are times when we lose run out of fuel for our passion and we end up coasting, keeping Jesus and his Glory to ourselves. That makes us selfish. We must seek for Jesus to "burn like a fire" in us so that people can see our joy in HIM. He died for us, not one person, but for the world so that we can be reconciled with God! Hearing stories of Europe turn away from Christ just makes my heart cry because it's worse than not knowing Him at all (2 Peter 2:21). So, for the sake of the world, we must live out the Great Commission because He didn't die so that just one could be with Him, but for ALL.
"For every knee to bow down
For every heart to believe
For every voice to cry out
Burn like a fire in me
For every tongue to confess
You alone are the king
You are the hope of the earth"
Song: For The Sake Of The World
Artist: Bethel Live
Album: For The Sake Of The World
Lyrics:
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:18-19)Stay tuned, Fall Retreat thoughts on next Blog post...
-Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment