Sunday
Last week, NoVA XA people asked me if I was excited/ready to go back. I answered, "No, not really. I felt pretty settled in. I was comfortable with my situation and I wished I had more of summer." On Sunday, I visited Blacksburg last Sunday and dropped off some of my stuff. That feeling I got when I got the key: priceless. I saw some people too! Shout out those people: Yi, Jenna, Katie J, Zach, Danielle, Katie N (but I was in a vehicle), LeePin, Pete, Jamar, Xikai, Ryne and that's the order I saw them. I went inside my apartment and it looked smaller than I remembered. I visited the place earlier in February. I also forgot there were stairs on the inside. I realize that I will have to adjust with the space available. Once I left, I felt some excitement of coming back. Just a tad bit. Then I watched the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics. Nothing special though.
Monday
It felt "different" waking up and not watching or hearing anything about the Olympics. One of the highlights of the day was hanging out with Stephen and Jackson up in NoVA. This would also be the final meeting between Stephen and I this summer, or maybe the year. Good times.
Tuesday
This was a rough day. With the conclusion of the Olympics, I found myself with available free time. However, I never thought about that. That afternoon, I felt empty because I had time and I had no idea how to use it. I accidentally took a nap at first (Weird stuff that beds make me sleepy and tired right?), but I'm not a fan of taking naps in the summer. Basically, I felt frustrated that I couldn't find anything to do in my limited amount of time I had up in NoVA.
Summer Olympics Past: Beijing
I think a lot. Four years ago, I watched my first Olympics and I absolutely loved it. I was an upcoming high school sophomore who lived in Wauconda, Illinois. I was thinking, "Maybe Michael Phelps could win his eighth Gold medal on my birthday," and sure enough he did. I don't even remember much of the events I watched. I missed out on Beijing's Opening Ceremonies but I made sure to watch the Closing Ceremonies. I remember watching some events in the basement of my aunt's house. I remember NBC was in charge and their commercial theme sounded awesome to me. I knew I missed out on a lot in the Beijing Olympics and that fueled my excitement for the London Games in 2012.
Summer Olympics Present: London
Now, I'm an upcoming 2nd year at Virginia Tech. All that excitement building was finally released! These Olympics quickly grabbed my attention, from the Opening Ceremonies to the Closing Ceremonies. I enjoyed watching the events, though I was not a fan of NBC's coverage. Mixed reactions, such as disappointments and loud cheers filled these Olympics. Volleyball disappointed me, while swimming, U.S. women's soccer and men's basketball entertained me. I used NBC's online coverage to watch events live but, again, it wasn't perfect. My most viewed sport is probably swimming. I had so much energy and excitement that I wanted to watch EVERYTHING! I watched many of its heats, which still brought thrills to me. Michael Phelps said that these were his last Olympics. I believe he'll participate in the 2016 Olympics.
Summer Olympics Future: Rio de Janeiro
Where I'll be four years from now, I don't even want to think about it. Hopefully, I'll still be a Christ follower.I can't even think about the endless possibilities that God has in store for me. I'm not sure if I'll store up the same amount of excitement compared to London. I'm keeping this short and simple, without much thought.
The Word of God
I'm in 1 Samuel, Romans, and John right now. I've had to re-read some of the Romans chapter due to my inability to understand right away. I am loving John because I can see what Jesus says! I started reading 1 Samuel because I wanted to learn about David and I think his story starts there. If not, I'll still finish 1 Samuel. Good stuff
Back to IHOP!
Prayer, not pancakes. Jesus deserves all of the glory.
Song: Worthy of it All
Artist: IHOPKC Worship, David Brymer
Album: onething LIVE: Magnificent Obsession
In Proverbs 30, Agur asks the Lord for two things. For one of them, he says, "Give me neither poverty or riches." Agur anticipates, "lest I be full and deny you." Basically, he asks that the Lord would make him not too poor, but at the same time, not too rich. If the Lord provides us with riches and wealth, how easy will it be to forget God? When I was young, I would sometimes here prayers for God, asking for wealth and a wealthy life. But here's what Timothy says:
But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people in ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.(1 Tim 6:8-10)What's going to prevent someone from "loving" money that he or she desires from the Lord? Timothy also provides extra consequences of desiring to be rich. I am thankful that the Lord gives me neither a lifestyle of poverty nor of wealth and riches, but a lifestyle of Jesus. The only wealth I need is of Jesus for there is always more of Jesus to be, learn, find, understand, obtain...gah there's just so much more!
Thank you Grace for reminding me of this verse.
Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God. (Proverbs 30:7-9)-Spontaneous, with Purpose
No comments:
Post a Comment