Wednesday, August 8, 2012

With Wonder and Fear, You Knit Me Together

Hello! I know I did not post on Sunday/Monday. I've been finding myself with other things to do, such as watching the Olympics and random worship in the night. I usually type these things up during the night hours. I've been sleeping before midnight recently ("Sleep Today, Wake Tomorrow") to wake up at 7-8am so I can use more of the day to my advantage. Hopefully, this can transition into college....right? Also, I finished Isaiah last weekend. It was a remarkable moment, as I think about reading the first chapter back in early July. However, I still do not know what my next OT book will be, so I'll be re-reading Isaiah until I do. Good stuff.

August 2011 vs August 2012
This upcoming Sunday is probably my the last time I go to church in NoVA until a few more months. Last Sunday, I was thinking about my mindset last August. In August 2011, after the last church service before heading into college, I thought to myself, "Wow, it's the last time I go to church for a long time." Even now, it's hard to recall back to that moment. I'm not even sure if I "thought" about it, maybe I even said it out loud. Last August, I was ready to walk away from the Lord. This August, I'm joyous to have a complete opposite mindset, where church is no longer a hassle, but a delight.

Another Memory
Before I went into the first Bible study, under Stephen and Luigi, I requested to Stephen that I would not not read. I had one of those green, mini Bibles which had the New Testament and Psalms and Proverbs. So we started reading, in a circle, a passage somewhere in the New Testament. The passage was mildly lengthy and it was my turn to read. I didn't want to "create a situation" so I read the next part. Still, I was known to be a quiet guy during Bible study in the Fall. I did not realize that until Luigi poured his wonderful words of life over me while at Atlanta (Atlanta Dream Center during Spring Break). Now, during NoVA Bible study, people would be surprised if I did not share my thoughts for every question.

What A Journey!
Even though, it hasn't been a full year yet since my first Bible Study, I've been thinking about the wonderful journey and transformation that God has put me through. Who would have thought up of placing me in Pritchard with a Christ-Following RA (aka Stephen), who ended up living 5 minutes from me in Ashburn, all while I was aiming to walk away from God? Only God would think up of such a plan, and He tells us that in Acts 17:26:
From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. (NIV)
This verse actually came to my mind during XA NoVA's weekly Bible study. We were talking about, and I quote, "Where we are and when we're there is determined by God for a purpose." But why would God do such a thing? He tells us why in verse 27:
that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him.
God knew what he was doing because that's exactly what happened to me. He placed me at that location, in Pritchard with a Christ-Following RA, to give me the opportunity to receive adoption as His sons (Galatians 4:5). Then, I took that opportunity and grasped it, so that I could seek God and participate in the right race. So, I guess I'm proof of Acts 17:26-27, but who isn't? God has put all of us in certain places at certain times, according to His purpose. The best part about my journey so far? It has just begun.

Enter The Worship Circle (again?!)
Due to the Olympics, I haven't really had time to explore to other artists. It's a good thing their songs appeal to me. This song is from Psalm 103. Love the piano.

Song: No Limit
Artist: Enter The Worship Circle (Karla Adolphe)
Album: Chair and Microphone, Vol. 3

Lyrics:



Matthew Husband is going to Africa tomorrow!?! Man, I just want to thank God for crossing our paths. It's always great to meet one of Stephen's friends. Although, we've only known each other for a such a short amount of time, he is still one of my role-models. I pray that temptation wouldn't interfere with your work down there. I pray that you would lean on God, as you move on to a new chapter. I'm sure God has great things for you down there. I hope this isn't a "goodbye", but a "cya later".
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31) 

  -Spontaneous, with Purpose

1 comment:

  1. just like you i was really debating whether or not to go to church anymore. i ended up going after i met some XA upperclassmen, but didnt really enjoy it. it wasnt until after the XA fall retreat that i found joy in going. what a great blessing XA has been!

    ReplyDelete