One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Jesus, A Hero, The Savior Of The World
Hey guys, here's a status update: The fall semester has finally ended! Immediately, I think of my grades and specific points in the semester where I could have done better. "I knew I should have studied this part more" or "I should have dropped this class back in October" or "I should have studied this weekend or night instead of hanging out with friends". I wouldn't take back this semester, though, because of the many unique friendships created. During finals, my average sleep time was about 3AM. It's taking its toll on me right now because I've been feeling tired for the past couple days. My schedule for the break includes Chicago and the World Missions Summit at Fort Worth, Texas. I may or may not get some typing done during Chicago, but I plan on posting Fall Semester 2012 thoughts and World Missions Summit adventures during this break. But for now, I'll leave you all with a couple songs because..I just need rest and Jesus time. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ~ With Love, He gave His life so we could be free ~ Song: Hero Artist: Abandon Album: Abandon II - EP (or Searchlights) Lyrics:
Verse:
He walked the dirty streets famous for nothing
He said, "Come follow me" and they came
A face like all the rest, but something was different
The Son of God would lead the way
And soon they all would say
Chorus:
There He goes, a hero, a savior to the world
Here He stands with scars in His hands
With love He gave His life so we could be free
The savior of the world
He spoke with clarity, walked across the sea
A single word would calm the storm
His touch could heal the sick, but He was called a hypocrite
Laid behind the stone, his death was shortly mourned
He left the curtain torn
There He goes, a hero, a savior to the world
Here He stands with scars in His hands
With love He gave His life so we could be free
The Savior of the world
He chose to take the cross, shed tears for the lost
The broken and the needy, forgiving those who were and will be
The angel made it clear, he told them, "Have no fear
He's not here, He's not here"
There He goes, a hero, a savior to the world
Here He stands with scars in His hands
With love He gave His life so we could be free
The Savior of the world
(The Savior of the world)
The Savior of the world
Grace! "Take my heart and make it clean I'm overwhelmed as your grace covers me" Song: Coming Back Artist: Ben Cantelon Album: Running After You Lyrics:
I am broken, there's nowhere left to hide
I'm drowning in need of your lifeline
I'm desperate, I'm on my knees again
Surrendered
I have had all the riches of this world
They could never, ever take your place
I'm coming back to you, my love
I've had enough of what I've become
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back to you
I am reaching up to a higher ground
But gravity has got a hold on me
But I know your love will see me
Through this darkness
I'm coming back to you my love
I've had enough of what I've become
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back to you
Take my heart and make it clean
I'm overwhelmed as your grace covers me
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back, I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back, I'm coming back to you
Break me, mold me, heal me, restore me
You are my hope, you are my hope
Hold me closely, never let go
You are my hope, you are my hope
I'm coming back to you my love
I've had enough of what I've become
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back to you
Take my heart and make it clean
I'm overwhelmed as your grace covers me
I'm coming back to you
I'm coming back to you
In this version of "It Is Well", Phil includes the bridge from "You're Beautiful" in the end. I'm a fan of Phil Wickham's Singalong albums so I'm sure I'll use more of them in the future. Check them out though =) Song: It Is Well With My Soul Artist: Phil Wickham Album: Singalong Lyrics:
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Was nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, It is well, with my soul
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
When we arrive at eternity’s shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We’ll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we’ll sing
You’re beautiful
So much truth comes out of the following Bible verse. When storms and struggles are around, God is with us. We spend so much time focusing on those "storms and struggles" that we don't see HIM around us. Like the verse says, "a very present help in trouble", He is the Ultimate Comforter. If you're seeking help from the world, it may or may not come through. If you seek help from God, He will always come through. When trials arise, rest in HIM, for He is always with us. Remember, the One who conquered the trial of death flows within us.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
No comments:
Post a Comment